Saturday, April 12, 2014

What's in my handbag-the weekend edit.


It's the weekend which I always feel calls for a less 'everything but the kitchen sink' approach to my handbag.

Here's the minimal basics I carry around at the weekend.

First up I am loving my Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 in their classic monogram which was a birthday gift from Mike.  It's actually the first time I have taken it out of the dust bag today and it still has the creases in from where Louis Vuitton fold the bag flat!

The 35 is the perfect size for chucking everything in and fits perfectly in the crook of the arm.



My Prada saffiano leather purse was a present from my best friend Danielle for my 30th.  Four years on (ahem) it still looks good and the colour and size is just perfect.


I don't go anywhere without my iphone 5 for essential twitter/instagram updates through the day.  The battery is horrific so I generally always have a charger with me as well.  The screen saver is my super cute nieces.


Minimal but essential make up-a lip balm-the Eve Lom Kiss Mix was the closest to hand this morning and is a minty fresh, slightly tingling balm but kind of messy for touch ups during the day.  It's a great overnight balm though.


I've been carrying around the Chanel Les Beiges for a while for touch ups to my shiny t-zone throughout the day.  This is one compact that actually comes with a half decent brush.  I don't adore it but it blots shine for an hour or so and of course it looks pretty swanky.


Today's lip choice (and it is actually amazing there was only one in my handbag) is the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Lohdi-a super bright coral colour.

I love the Nars Satin Lip pencil formula and here's why
  • They glide on the lips effortlessly and feel weightless on the lips
  • They pack a pigmentation punch and they fade really evenly
  • They're not drying at all and you'll get no bleeding or settling into a nasty ring around the lips
  • They're easy to re-apply during the day
  • They sharpen easily

I don't go anywhere without sunglasses in Dubai-the harsh UVA/UVB rays are constant and I try to limit wrinkles by always protecting my eyes.

These sunglasses are from Tiffany and have a cat eye shape and Tiffany blue trim and a Tiffany heart on the arm.

A few people have asked me which sunglasses these are and you can find them here but I got mine from House of Fraser in Westfield last year.


As some of you know Mike has been unwell the last few days and is still undergoing tests.

We've been trying to take it easy this weekend but felt a bit couped up whilst the sun shone outside so we went out for lunch today and some fresh air (well as fresh as you can get in Dubai).  It was 34 degrees today and definitely the last few weeks before it's too hot to do anything outside!



What do you carry around at the weekends in your handbag?  You can see my 'everything but the kitchen sink' normal handbag post here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment