Friday, April 4, 2014

The Undecideds


These products should both be in my March empties post but I wanted to single them out for a more in depth review as they're both quite expensive products which should be worth the £££ if you're going to splash out.

The problem is though, even after using both of them until they were empty, I am still largely undecided as to whether I actually like them or not.

By Terry Teint De Rose

I have never used a product like this before in terms of texture.  I bought it from Space NK on a whim to use as a primer (which is what I read it was) but it doesn't feel anything like a traditional under foundation primer.

By Terry says....Sweep away imperfections and light up tired skin with the first day and night embellishing care formulation. Teint de Rose reveals a fresh, rosy complexion at the same time as it tones, refreshes and hydrates your skin. Ultra-smoothing and deeply moisturising, use as a base under foundation, or apply before bedtime and wake up to a luminous, radiant glow.

The texture is an incredibly light and cooling gel/cream which leaves an almost metallic pink sheen on the skin.  I know this sounds scary but the pink tinge is undetectable once you apply foundation over it but you wouldn't be able to wear it out in public without foundation as it is a very obvious pink metallic sheen.  It does feel hydrating as well but it doesn't really resurface, smooth or make the skin more even toned.

But I am not sure what this is trying to be-is it a make up primer or is it a skincare treatment?  I am not sure that it works well as either.  And I kind of want it to be one or the other.  I don't like confusing skincare!  It's £56 from Space NK which is really expensive for a product which isn't amazing.

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Considering this is actually my second bottle of this elixir I am still on the fence! 

Kiehls say...The elixir works all night to replenish the skin with moisture and leave younger-looking. skin by morning. Enriched with a blend of naturally derived ingredients including Squalane, Evening Primrose, and a blend of essential oils.

This readily absorbed elixir helps the skin to recover radiance by morning, with skin feeling smoother and softer. Enriched with Squalane, Evening Primrose Oil, Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Essential Oils including Lavender, our formula provides a boost of intensive moisture to dehydrated skin. The formula instantly penetrates the skin surface to help replenish it with moisture. Our concentrate is designed to work at night; with skin hydrated, supple and soft, rest assured you can say goodnight to a tired-looking complexion.


I love the bottle with the dropper which dispenses the right amount of product.  This is a watery serum rather than an oily serum and feels very light on the skin.  I pressed the serum into my skin after toning.  Undoubtedly it smells amazing and is the perfect fragrance to wind down after a long day.

Initially I really enjoyed using this-I felt like it hydrated my skin without overloading it but now and again it felt like it would break me out-it could be the lavender oil which doesn't seem to sit great with my skin sometimes.  I think though that you have to watch the shelf life of this product (18months) and because I went back and forth with this product I think mine may have gone off and been over 18 months old.  I don't know for sure as I am not an expert but I think as products with essential oils get older and are exposed to air they lose their potency.  The blue glass bottle though does help to stop sunlight getting at the oil.

I am not sure which Kiehls counter I bought this from but it retails for around £36 for 30ml.  Of the two products, although I am undecided this is the one I would consider a repurchase of as I remember loving it initially.

Do you have products you have used up but remain undecided on?


No comments:

Post a Comment