Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Currently Loving


This last week has been tough!  Mike collapsed and was taken to hospital with chest pains on Wednesday last week so he is going back to hospital tomorrow for a few more tests and to see the cardiologist again.  I am just not feeling right.  Nothing specific or genuinely ill but a feeling of general 'run down-ness', tiredness and just not feeling myself.  But the show must go on as they say!!

I think over the next few weeks we will be considering some all round lifestyle changes to get us a bit healthier as we admittedly lead quite an unhealthy lifestyle-especially me, two of my three meals a day are generally ordered in and eaten at my desk in the office!  And I am a raging chocoholic!

In the meantime, I have been reflecting on what products I am currently loving.

First up is the cleanser I am using in the morning, the much hyped Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip.  I was on a waiting list for this for ages on the Space NK website but I finally got my hands on it!

OK so the claims are pretty steep and after using this for about 4 weeks now I don't think I have 'flawless skin' or 'miniscule pores' but I still really like it.  It has a light gel texture which doesn't overly foam and no distinct smell.  I apply it in the morning to damp hands then massage into my face before washing off under the shower.  My skin isn't left feeling tight or dry or tingly.  The only downside is I think you need to use about 4-5 pumps to wash your face thoroughly.  Having said that, four weeks in and I still have over half left.  I personally wouldn't use it to remove make up but it would be a good second cleanser and contains a real cocktail of skin pleasing ingredients-French green clay to draw out impurities and Vitamin C to reduce discolouration and stimulate collagen production.  Sandalwood combats sensitivity, black pepper promotes circulation and jasmine soothes.

Repurchase?  Yes please!


Next up is a Nars duo I have had for ages and don't give enough love to!  It contains an almost foil like bronze which doesn't run particularly warm nor cold so will look fab on everyone and a plummy taupe with a satin finish.  They blend effortlessly and last all day long.  I pledge to show Kalahari much more love.




Two lip products make the cut next-first up the Burts Bees rejuvenating lip balm with Acai Berry.  Although I have one in my handbag at the moment I am not that much of a fan of the original Burts Bees formula-I find it drags on the lips a bit, I don't like the smell or the tingle and isn't terribly moisturising, but the Acai Berry version is so much better!  It imparts no colour to the lips and glides on, moisturising and smoothing as it goes.  It smells so much nicer than the original and is the perfect base for lipstick.  I think I'll be throwing out the original version in my handbag and replacing it with this.

My second lip favourite is the new YSL Gloss Volupte.  I own 5 of these now and I just love the glossy, non sticky, glass like shine they impart along with the hint of colour.  The one you see below is 204 Corail Trapeze and is the perfect spring/summer lip.  You can see it in action here.  And the packaging-inserts 10 heart shaped eye emojis


Next up is a product I probably wouldn't have spoken about on my blog if it wasn't for the fact Sephora is now shipping to the UK as it was available in the US only (and I feel mean to my UK readers) but now I am telling you to all go out and buy the Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise.

I absolutely love the formula, it feels like jelly in the pot without being messy and squishy.  The colour is to die for-a pink toned, almost neon coral but without being at all in your face.  I prefer to dip a stippling brush in the pot (hence all the brush marks), tap the excess on the back of my hand and lightly buff into the skin.  I can't get enough of it!  It's easily buildable and the lasting power is incredible.  I highly recommend.



And the perfect brush to stipple the Josie Maran blush onto my face?  I have been loving the Mac 130 Short Duo Fibre brush.  It has tightly packed bristles making controlling the application a doddle.  It doesn't swallow up too much product (I hate brushes that do that) and is brilliant with all types of cream blusher.  I think I bought it originally as a foundation brush but I find the head a bit small for all over application.  Am very tempted to buy a back up-you never know when a cat is going to nab off with it and stash it in their magical hiding place where the tops off everything seem to go.  I saw Fizzy sniffing around it this morning....


What are you currently loving?


No comments:

Post a Comment