Friday, April 18, 2014

Christian Dior Fluid Sticks review



As soon as I saw the first images of these (pretty sure it was Sara at Color Me Loud who caused the enablement) I wanted one.  No I didn't, I wanted five!

I actually ended up with six after the SA in Sephora gave me Mona Lisette instead of Wonderland so I ended up buying Wonderland as well!



There are going to be about a million reviews of these popping up all over the place over the next couple of weeks so I'll keep it brief with my personal pro's and cons

Pro's
  • Glossy, pigmented colour that doesn't bleed (except for Wonderland which did on me)
  • Long lasting-I got 5-6 hours out of mine which is impressive
  • Fades evenly, no nasty rings left behind or patchiness
  • Non drying
  • Teardrop shaped application wand makes it super easy to apply to the bottom lip 
  • Lips look plumped and juicy!
  • Easy to top up if needed throughout the day
  • No glitter or sparkle in the shades
Con's
  • There is a distinct tingle when you apply-something I am personally not a fan of
  • The shape of the application wand makes it quite tricky to apply to the top lip and get an even line-especially the brighter colours
  • The formula applies quite thickly so you need to ensure you smooth it out evenly with the wand-you can see where the colour has pooled on my bottom lip in the Wonderland and Mona Lisette swatches
  • They are tacky-for at least half an hour after application-not nastily so but you definitely know you are wearing something on your lips
  • They have a tendency when first applied to get on your teeth-however a quick 'finger in the mouth' trick removes the excess and stops it happening again







    The initial very 'wet look' lacquer finish doesn't last and the formula does dry down to a very wearable but still glossy long lasting stain.

    In summary, they're a kind of easy to use, wetter than lipstick but thicker than gloss, super shiny lip product!  I like them, I don't utterly adore them but I will get a lot of use out of them-I have particularly been loving Tiny Pink and wearing it non stop the past few days.  If you like the YSL glossy stains you will love these.

    Are you tempted by these new launches?




    No comments:

    Post a Comment