Wednesday, December 10, 2014

FOTD-navy eyes




Well this is something very new!  I don't think I have ever done a face of the day post but we went to a party on Thursday evening and I quite liked my make up so I thought I would share what I used.

I saw this look on Heather Davern Makeup and loved it.  Heather is a professional make up artist and I am most definitely not so this is my amateur version of the look.  Must work on blending!

Face

I primed my skin with the Murad skin perfecting primer (reviewed here) which is good but not particularly mattifying if you have oily skin.  I then buffed in Make Up For Ever HD foundation (shade N115) with a Sigma F82 round kabuki brush.  This is one of my favourite ever foundations and has no SPF in it so is good for 'nights out' photographs.  It's medium to medium high coverage.

I concealed under my eyes with the Shiseido Sheer Eye Zone corrector in 102 and covered up a few spots with MAC Select Cover up in NC20.

I set all of that with MAC loose Blot Powder in Medium and then dusted the MAC Maleficent Beauty Powder in Natural over the top-this was sadly limited edition but it's amazing at diffusing the skin.  Something like Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light gives a similar effect.  I didn't use any contour (as I am so crap at it!)

Eyes

I smudged MAC eye kohl in Smoulder messily all over my lid as a primer and lined my lower lashline and waterline with it too.  In the past I have found that smudging kohl liner over the lid works well as a primer and is also brilliant when you want to use loose pigments as it gives the pigment something to 'stick' to.  On this particular occasion it didn't work so well, it was hot in the restaurant we went to and my shadow creased around the socket so I will stick to a primer next time.  I then blended MAC Kid eyeshadow through the socket and a little bit above with a clean MAC 217 brush-I have a huge gap between my eye and brow so always feel I need to go a bit higher.  I also have hooded lids so I need to go higher to 'see' the shadow when my eyes are open.

I then patted on MAC Contrast eyeshadow with a MAC 239 brush.  This is the most beautiful sapphire blue colour and I applied it all over the lid, blending into the crease.

I then popped whatever was left on the brush on top of the kohl along my bottom lash line.

I applied MAC pigment in Vanilla using a pencil brush to my inner tear duct area.

Tarte Gifted mascara is on my lashes and it's a great mascara.  It's new so it's a bit wet but I am hoping it will dry out a bit and be amazing!!  Clinique bottom lash mascara is on my bottom lashes as always!  That stuff doesn't move all night.

My brows are filled in with MAC Omega eyeshadow and a MAC 208 angled brush.

Cheeks and highlight

My all time fave, NARS Deep Throat Blush is on the cheeks and the Chanel Camelia De Plumes highlight on the tops of my cheeks and down my nose (review here).  I am beyond obsessed with this highlighter, I am so glad I bought it!!!  It's subtle and gorgeous.

Lips

I wanted a pink lip so I used the Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss in 17 Supreme.

And that's everything-I like to think more is more when it comes to make up!

It's my work Xmas party today and then Mike and I fly home to the UK tomorrow for Xmas-very much looking forward to it!






No comments:

Post a Comment